http://www.iidmlucknow.com/genesis-and-function/( followingNew Text to be Placed )
Genesis and Function
In the backdrop of the International Institute of Disaster Management (IIDM), an International Centre for Disaster Management was established in 2007 in considering the importance and role of Disaster Management across the globe.
The core objective and aim of the Institute is to be a center of excellence in the field of Research, Training and imparting knowledge through online and classroom courses related to Disaster Management. The Institute has taken the responsibility for ‘planning and promoting training and research in the area of disaster management, documentation and development of International level information base relating to disaster management policies, prevention mechanisms and mitigation measures’.
Some of core functions being undertaken are –
- Develop Training modules, undertake research and documentation in disaster management and organise training programmes;
- Formulate and implement a comprehensive human resource development plan covering all aspects of Disaster Management;
- Provide assistance in policy formulation at national and international level;
- Provide required assistance to the training and research institutes for development of training and research programmes for various stakeholders including Government functionaries and undertake training of faculty members of the State level training institutes;
- Provide assistance to the various Government and State training institutes in the formulation of policies, strategies, disaster management framework and any other assistance as may be required by various State Governments or State training institutes for capacity-building of stakeholders, Government including its functionaries, civil society members, corporate sector and people’s elected representatives;
- Develop educational materials for disaster management including academic and professional courses;
- Promote awareness among stakeholders including college or school teachers and students, technical personnel and others associated with multi-hazard mitigation, preparedness and response measures;
- Undertake, organize and facilitate study courses, conferences, lectures, seminars within and outside the country to promote the aforesaid objects;
- Undertake and provide for publication of journals, research papers and books and establish and maintain libraries in furtherance of the aforesaid objects;
- Do all such other lawful things as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the above objects.